There are many milestones in the life of every small business - opening your doors, reaching a new sales goal, bottling a new beer for the first time... But, it is all the little lessons along the way that allow you to grow as a business owner. These lessons build on one another to create a functioning, thriving company in a rapidly expanding climate.
Upon reaching the first of all milestones - opening your doors - imagining how things will be in the following years is an impossible task. The factors range from big to small and can change in the blink of an eye.
That's why, as we celebrate our second year in business with our team, we want to take a look back to reflect on all we have done, and what we have learned. We hope you can join us on June 18th at noon, as we toast to you - our customers, family and friends! We will be releasing our first ever barrel aged beer, along with many other fun releases and events. Read more about it here.
Our Growth Chart
Although Tin Whiskers had been a twinkle in Jeff, Jake and George's eyes for about 8 years prior, June 5th, 2014 is when the real journey began. Like a parent tracking their child's growth on the wall, we have watched our collective 'baby' grow into what it is today.
- June 5, 2014 // We opened to much excitement in the community, as one of the few new St. Paul breweries, and the only one to land in Lowertown.
- November, 2014 // We bottled our beers for the first time for distribution. We wanted our 22oz. bottles to be in the hands of every Twin Cities craft lover, and we still strive to achieve that each day.
- June, 2015 // Upon celebrating our 1 year anniversary, we underwent our first expansion. Here, we replaced 3 15bbl fermenters with 3 new shiny 30bbls. We also installed a large garage door, creating our own indoor patio.
- November, 2015 // We released 2 of our most popular flagships in 16oz. cans.
- March, 2016 // We installed our last capacity stop-gap measure in our current space -- our seperator, or centrifuge. Read more about it here.
- And there's more to come! Our last flagship, Short Circuit Stout, will arrive in cans and hit store shelves in August, and Tin Whiskers 2.0 is in the works. Stay tuned!