Another year has passed and we continue to be proud of our place in the quickly growing Twin Cities craft community. As young homebrewers, we could have never dreamed this would be the scene in 2017. SO many beers to choose from and SO much quality product on the market. To stand out, and fit in, has been a challenging pleasure we work for every day, making it all the more rewarding. Do we need any more reason to celebrate?!
In the Beginning of Barrels
In June 2015, when we were just one-year-old, we took the leap and put our first batch of Watts Wheat Wine into tequila barrels. The following June (2016), we bottled and released it in the taproom as our very first barrel-aged beer. Since then, we have been hard at work fine-tuning our barrel-aging program – appropriately labeled the Phase Shift line – and have released seven barrel-aged beers on tap and some in bottles.
From Then to Now
2017 marks the release of our most recent version of Phase Shift 01: Tequila Barrel Aged Watts Wheat Wine. Similar to last year’s beer, “the flavor contrasts will be between the barrel aged flavors (both the tequila itself and that of the oak barrel) and the Belgian soft clove spice and zesty fruit flavors of the wheat wine,” according to Head Brewer, Derek Brown.
Anniversary Beer Release Schedule
On June 10th, we will celebrate our anniversary in the Taproom, opening at 12 pm. Throughout the day we will have special Anniversary beer releases. Alongside a limited number of our 2017 bottles (limit 2 per customer), we will release just a few cases of the 2016 Phase Shift 01 (limit 1 per customer) we have been cellaring.
Beer releases throughout the day include:
• 12p: 2017 Phase Shift 01: Tequila Barrel Aged Watts Wheat Wine available on tap and bottles - limit 2 per customer.
• 2016 Phase Shift 01 bottles available for sale (limited amount)
• 2p: Irish Cream Stout tapped
• 4p: Daisy Chain Saison sneak peek cask
• 6p: Double dry hopped Circuit Breaker Double IPA w/ Calypso and Denali hops
• 8p: Dynamo Chocolate Orange Imperial Stout tapped
It wouldn’t be a party if we didn’t invite our our partners, friends, and collaborators along for the ride. They have some great things planned for our Third Anniversary Bash:
• Noon: Tiny Footprint Coffee serving cold press coffee samples and selling bags of beans
• Noon: The Buttered Tin selling Short Circuit Stout cupcakes
• Dinner: Handsome Hog hosting a pop-up of delicious Southern cuisine... mmmm, pork.
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday, June 10th starting at noon sharp as we eat, drink, laugh, and celebrate – as a team and as a community. RSVP to the party.