On October 21st at 5PM, come thirsty and ready for a pick-me-up. We are releasing a caffinated -- yes caffinated -- beverage that you won't want to miss.
Have you ever heard the old adage, "two heads are better than one."? Well in this case, it couldn't be more true. The concept behind a collaboration is one that is strong in today's world where knowledge is power. The sharing of concepts and ideas in the aspiration of achieving a common goal -- a deep passion and determination for the same objective. It's the stuff artisans dreams are made of.
The product of these creative liquids is something we think you are going to love. We have teamed up with our friends at Tiny Footprint Coffee from across the river in Minneapolis to combine our Short Circuit Stout with their Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Negelle Gorbitu dark roast. The product is something we call Tiny Circuit Coffee Stout -- It's mild in sweetness, big on complextion, roasty as all get out, and will be served on Nitro for that creamy texture and finish you are craving. This will leave you feeling not only warm-bellied and quenched, but electrified.
Head brewer Derek and Co-founder Jeff chose Tiny Footprint Coffee because they knew they were going to have the deep and complex flavor profiles they were seeking to produce a rich and creamy coffee stout. Alan and Joe from Tiny invited them out for a few rounds of taste testing, or cupping if you will, and the rest is history.
The roaster Cupping
Here's some more info about the chosen coffee:
- 1:15 ratio - 15 parts beer, 1 part coffee
- Coffee: Ethiopia Yirgacheffe Negelle Gorbitu - Dark Roast
- Region: Sidamo, Gedeo Zone
- Altitude: 1850 -2000 meters
- Variety: Indigenous Heirloom
- Flavor Profile - Full velvety body (just a touch of golden dark roast tones), with juicy, ripe red fruit, and semi-sweet chocolate flavors and lightly spiced black tea notes in the finish.
- The method - The ripe cherries are delivered by the cooperative's members to the mill where the whole cherries are sun-dried on raised drying screens (natural or dry processing). It takes 10-15 days of hand raking and sorting on the screens to prepare the cherry for resting and then the final dry milling before export.
- The Cooperative - Negelle Gorbitu -- a certified organic and fair trade boutique cooperative of 858 members located at over 6000 ft. above sea level in the Gedeo Zone of Yirgacheffe. The cooperative won the African Taste of Harvest competition in 2013.
- Certified Fair-Trade, Organic and Kosher.
- 100% Shade-Grown Arabica Bean Coffee.
A bit about Tiny Footprint: They are the world’s first carbon negative coffee. How is their coffee carbon negative? It takes 4 lbs of CO2 to produce and distribute 1 lb of our coffee. For every pound that’s sold, they donate a portion of the proceeds to fund reforestation in Ecuador’s Mindo cloud forest. Over time, these trees will remove 54 lbs of CO2 from the atmosphere. You see? More CO2 removed than emitted. At Tiny Footprint Coffee, they pour endless hours into sourcing the finest, sustainably-grown Arabica coffee beans from around the world. Beans that are not only shade-grown, but also organic certified, and most often fair-trade or Rain Forest Alliance certified. They also purchase coffee from small, family-owned farms that are not fair-trade eligible, yet grow some of the most beautiful, best tasting coffees on the planet. They do all of the roasting and training from their roastery in Minneapolis, MN.
The coffee nerd in me has a watery mouth just thinking about the exceptional quality of the beans. You too? Join us in the Taproom for the release, and don't forget to invite your friends and RSVP!