The only thing better than having a beer at Tin Whiskers is working at Tin Whiskers.
We currently have 1 opening.
Tin Whiskers is looking for a PART-TIME Beertender to join our team. We are seeking hardworking, customer focused, flexible staff, who are capable of problem solving. Beertenders should be passionate about learning, knowledgeable about beer and brewing, and excited to be a part of the growing craft beer industry.
Tin Whiskers will have 5-6 beers on tap including 1-2 taps rotating biweekly. We will be offering our guests flights, 10oz pours, pints, growlers, and merchandise. We do not have a kitchen, but our guests are welcome to order food from restaurants within the Rossmor building, or to bring their own food items. We will be open Tuesday-Thursday 4-10pm, Friday from 3-11pm, Saturday from 12-11pm, and Sunday 12-8pm. Hours and days are subject to change.
The ideal candidate will embrace and thrive in our collaborative work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exceed customer expectations and cultivate positive, lasting relationships with customers that reinforces the brand position and strategy.
- Assume 100% responsibility for a providing guests with a quality experience; express gratitude and invite them to return
- Maintain a safe, healthy, and sustainable taproom environment
- Explain, describe, and recommend Tin Whiskers beers to guests, including beer pairings to accompany food from local restaurants
- Explain and talk about the story and philosophy of Tin Whiskers
- Be able to explain basics of the brewing process to guests
- Learn the names of and personally recognize regular guests
- Notify Taproom Manager any time a guest is not 100% satisfied with their experience
- Fulfill all beverage and external food orders from guests accurately using a point-of-sale system (POS); pour beer from tap, cask, or beer engine; provide beverages to fulfill orders
- Accept guest payment, process credit card charges and make change (if necessary)
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the taproom throughout the shift, including counters, sinks, shelves, storage areas, and clearing glassware from the bar and tables
- Wash and sterilize glassware, rinsing all beer glasses prior to pouring beer into them, and complete all additional shift related sanitization tasks as required
- Routinely check the cleanliness of the bathrooms and provide restocking of supplies and cleaning as needed
- Report all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to Taproom Manager or President
- Sell merchandise and manage inventory; assist in taking inventory and restocking items as needed
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings
- Bring your own suggestions and ideas for improvement. Tin Whiskers is a very collaborative environment
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Available to work a minimum of 2-3 shifts a week
- Possess a positive attitude and work well with other team members in a collaborative environment
- Be available to work as early as 2pm and as late as 1am Wednesday-Friday and 12pm-1am on Saturdays
- Must have ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system (POS)
- Be able to properly pour beer
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours)
- Be able to work in a fast paced taproom environment
- Homebrewing experience, knowledge of the brewing process, or in-depth knowledge of craft beer
- Previous bartending or taproom experience
- Previous experience with using POS systems
- Certified as a Beer Server, Cicerone, or Master Cicerone
- Secondary skills such as book keeping or lab experience in a brewery or winery
Tin Whiskers Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This position is part time and is paid hourly. Compensation will be based on past experience. Paid holidays and health insurance benefits are not part of the compensation package.
Please note that this job description is not definitive and may be modified to reflect changing needs.
If interested please send a cover letter, resume, and availability (min 2-3times per week) to email@example.com with beertender in the title.