Lecky Scottish Ale is Back
The monotony of winter can be a drag -- Wake up, put on your warmest duds, dig out your car, go to work, drive home in the dark, go to bed early, and do it all over again. The only thing to help a native Minnesotan get through is the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel. A nice cold beer waiting for you at home for when the day has come to an end and you want to forget how cold your toes are. Cue the Lecky Scottish Ale.
This is the second brewing season for the Lecky -- A mild peated Scottish ale with a well-balanced smoke flavor. This beer will appeal to smoked ale and Scotch lovers alike, but is mild enough for those unfamiliar with the style. This approachable yet complex brew rings in at 5.5% - sessionable enough to have more than one after a cold winter day. The Lecky will add a lot of depth to our current offerings and is a unique winter ale option - a break from the norm.
This seasonal treat will be available in 22oz. bombers for the first time to the retail market on February 9th.
A True Scottish Party if There Ever Was One
No beer release would be complete without a great party. Join us in the Taproom on Friday, February 12 at 4p for the offical tap release!
The Brian Boru Irish Pipe Band will be in the house to help us celebrate, and we will be giving out branded TW glassware with a Lecky purchase while supplies last.
Got a kilt?! Wear it to the Taproom that evening and receive a FREE pint!
- 4pm: Release of Lecky Scottish Ale in both standard tap and cask form
- 4pm: Potter's Pasties Food Truck on site for the evening serving Scotch Eggs along with their normal menu
- 6pm: Brian Boru Pipe Band
- 7-9pm: FREE! Taproom Highland Games: Growler Ring Toss and Oat Sheaf Toss
- The person with the highest point total at the end of the games will win a free growler and t-shirt of their choice. 2nd place will receive a free bottle opener keychain and pint, and 3rd place a free pint.
Sláinte! And now... We drink!